Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Visio Divina - accompanying post for the "Crucifixus" post

Here is information on "visio divina" - informed seeing - to accompany the post I just uploaded regarding Lotti's "Crucifixus."

I highly recommend this procedure as a way of SEEING the unseen reality represented by the artwork I referenced in the "Crucifixus" post a few minutes ago.

I will add that the core concepts of 'lectio divina' are not proprietary - no one group owns or enforces them. I have used similar techniques of Seeing in ///very/// different contexts and found them extremely helpful and enlightening.
Your personal belief system and referents may be different than those mentioned in the article I've linked here. Take what works for you.


http://www.patheos.com/resources/additional-resources/2009/07/praying-with-art-visio-divina

In musical solidarity,
Lee


No comments:

Post a Comment