Monday, December 14, 2015

Is that all there is?

Hello everyone,
By now I hope you've all had time to (at least) rest a bit from our EPIC labors on those EPIC wonderful EPIC insanely intense EPIC successful EPIC audience-pleasing EPIC musically satisfying EPIC detail-obsessed EPIC concerts!

Yes, folks, the word for today is:
wait for it...
SUCCESS.

We succeeded.

And, on March 5th - we do it again. With mostly different music. In a different performance space. For a different audience. In a different ecclesiastical context.

Sho'nuff!
The Lenten Prayer concert features some knock-down, drag-out, butt-kicking GORGEOUS music. I can't wait to hear how we will sound when everything's ready to perform. I'm especially eager to hear what time and reflection have done for the Fall music that will be repeated in March. Musical slow-cooking is the best kind!

Have a fabulous break, everybody!
Lee

I will be working on music (my recital, our concerts, and another very exciting outside gig I have coming up), stage-1 composing a few things (I do this in layers, like cooking a large and festive dinner), and making an absolutely indecent quantity of handworked objects from knitted/crocheted wearables to Zentangles and ZIA.

No, not really. I'll do the required WQ prep, soften up the recital music, and then laze around on my tukhus doing absolutely nothing. I'm old enough to consider "doing nothing" one of the cardinal virtues. Nothingness being next to godliness, I shall increase my store of merit exponentially during the next three weeks.

Take care,
Lee

                                                                   


1 comment: